My little family

My little family
Family Picture

Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Bitchy Mommy vs The House of Diva's

Well it happened....we got knocked up and in just a few short months baby number 2 will be making her apperance. YES HER!!  After the initial shock has worn off reality has set in. Not only are we adding another baby to a house filled with 3 adults, 4 dogs and a larger than life 2 year old but it's going to be another girl.  After the ultrasound I went down the list of things that I did that would cause us to have 2 girls, and then I realized no way this is my fault! THIS IS THE HUSBANDS FAULT! He did this. It must have been his womanizing ways in college that's the only explaination.  Then a few days after finding out what we were having we went to Disneyland and there were these two young sisters playing together.  They were around Sophia's age and she went running up to them excited to play with them.  But they ignored her and she was devesated.  My first reaction was to walk over and knock those bratty mean girls to the floor, it killed me to see my Diva rejected by those future Miley Cyrus rejects.  It was then that I realized this baby may be mine but in reality it's here to be Sophia's sister. We may have wanted a boy but the decision wasn't ours and I believe Sophia needed a sister more than we needed a boy in the house.  She needs someone who is going to drive her nuts, steal her clothes and argue over boys and dolls with.  But she's also going to need that sister that stays up late with her after prom, that will be her maid of honor at her wedding and that will hold her hand when she is crying over her first break up.  Sophia having a sister wasn't a choice of ours. that was completely out of our hands but now sitting here with just a few short months left I can't imagine anything more perfect....for both of my girls
 

1 comment:

  1. I had to mourn the loss of hoping for a girl but now I wouldn't change anything for the world. It's something 99% of people won't ever admit to but I had to get over it. Focus on all the positives. Now when you feel like playing with some dirty boys (well actually mine can't stand being sticky or dirty) so when you feel like playing with some metro boys you are always welcome here! And hey, you could always have a tom boy! I love having a sister because she taught me how to shave and I did her make up for prom. She was my maid of honor and I her's. There's no replacing that bond no matter what.

    ReplyDelete